I am a stay at home mom with a great husband, The Man With No Name, and two children, the Princess Pea and the Little Gunner.

This is my blog to show off my newest hobby. Digital Scrapbooking. Most likely there will also be posts about my family, my other favourite hobby-knitting, and eating gluten free.

27 January 2008

Words

The Princess Pea is 3 and has an extensive vocabulary. She also makes up words to pretend she is speaking another language. When asked what her gibberish means she will give a translation. Yet, some words she never gets right, even after we say them. I told YTBN (yet to be named) that we would want to remember these so we wrote an email to ourselves. I lost the email and realized we needed a better way to remember. This is one of the reasons for scrap-booking.

The words on journaling strips was an easy decision. I also envisioned a profile picture of the Princess Pea and journaling explaining how she confused these words and couldn't even understand why we were correcting her and would often correct us. I choose the snazzy title, "The Things You Say." A google search got the better of me. I needed to know if there was a word to define what she was doing. When I saw what a nice definition it was, and how well it explained all of my journaling, I knew this was my new title. With the title placed I could see that a picture would clutter the page. It wasn't her face we were remembering anyway. It was the words. Therefore my page became one of only words. I think it worked very well.



I have an online friend that went camping, but forgot her camera. Using a camping kit, she made her scrap page anyway, with no pictures in the frames or on the mats. The journaling explained the events, including the missing camera. It was a wonderful layout that was fun to look at and preserved the memory. It demonstrated what scrap-booking is about.

Have you ever tried scrapping a picture-less page?

1 comments:

THE SHAWS said...

Oh I'm so happy you have a scrapbooking blog! I looked thru the whole thing! I LOVE IT! It's just what I've been meaning to talk to you about. I wanted to get a program, for scrapbooking...and YOU know everything (in my book) because of your fabulous pages! I love them. Can you recommend anything?

About the vampire books, I found them entertaining. I wish I could have read them start to finish without working, sleeping, or eating. There are points during the books where it (appears) to be annoying young high school love stories, but you have to transform yourself in to the story and then it isn't that bad. Let me know what you think.