I am a stay at home mom with a great husband, The Man With No Name, and two children, the Princess Pea and the Little Gunner.

This is my blog to show off my newest hobby. Digital Scrapbooking. Most likely there will also be posts about my family, my other favourite hobby-knitting, and eating gluten free.

12 January 2008

Scrap-book Galleries

The online community of digital scrap-booking involves posting your layouts in galleries so that you can share your pages with others and view other digi-scrapper's pages as well. In other-words, to inspire and be inspired. But, what happens when it becomes intimidation? I recently asked this in Go Digital Scrapbooking's forum. Click on the title below to see the discussion that followed my comment:


How do you avoid being intimidated by some of the amazing pages in our galleries?

I am seeing all of these great pages, and it really hit me with the ST IV contest, when we all used the same kit at once. The amazing and innovative things people did! I just want to scraplift them all. But, then I don't feel it is MY page. Others that I love seemed so specific to the picture that I couldn't scraplift it anyway.

I want my pages to be creative and beautiful. But I am not an artsy or creative person. I don't think my page is creative if I'm just copying someone else.

How do you do it?

I received some wonderful and encouraging responses from the great gals in the Go Digital Scrapbooking community.

Do you visit any online galleries? How do you find the inspiration without becoming intimidated?

0 comments: