I am a stay at home mom with a great husband, The Man With No Name, and two children, the Princess Pea and the Little Gunner.

This is my blog to show off my newest hobby. Digital Scrapbooking. Most likely there will also be posts about my family, my other favourite hobby-knitting, and eating gluten free.

20 January 2008

Pick a Colour

This week I have been helping my yet to be named on this blog husband with a logo for his new company. I am not an artist or graphic designer, but have had a lot of fun finding the font that looks right and placing the letters for the company name where they look best.

It is very similar to scrap-booking. Finding the right elements and finding where they should go. Choosing the right font for the title, choosing the same or a different font for the journaling. Except there is one big difference. When I scrapbook, I use a designer's kit. The designer has already chosen colours, including the coordinating colours.

As Andrea Gold said in the January 18 GDS News, "I work and think best in shades of gray." Working on the logo, I worked everything out in shades of gray. Now I had to choose colours on my own.

I'm sorry

My yet to be named on this blog husband wanted bright and bold. After making such a painful attack on the eyes, I realized I needed some help. Where do I turn? I checked out my digi-scrapping bookmarks online. I remembered a site that provides scrapping inspiration with a quote of the day and a colour combination for the month.

Another important feature of the page is the image that provided the colour combination and a description of why the colours work well together.

Unfortunately, my "client" had an idea of the colours he wanted to use and none of the archived combinations were what he envisioned. A simple google search of "color combo" turned up this site.

http://www.colorcombos.com/

Entering the main colour he wanted (orange) we were able to scroll through seven pages of colour combinations trying our favourites using the provided colour code/HEX numbers until we found "The One."

Isn't this much nicer?

How do you find or "see" your colours?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually like the first one A LOT better...